Estimation

hello to all, I allow myself to come back to you to have your opinion on this bracelet and an estimate as well as an opinion on the quality. thank you in advance and have a nice day

4 Likes

Hi @Val1969. In my opinion jewelry made by Gary Henry (Canyon De Chelly, Arizona) is very good quality. He creates very clean pieces with attention to detail and finishing. I did see a youtube video of an interview at the Gallup flea market. Several bracelets with similar design were on display. As far as pricing, I have been out of the retail market for years so can only recommend checking SOLD records for similar items from eBay or other auctions. No guess as to the turquoise. Alternately, you could try to contact him directly.

1 Like

I hadn’t commented yet cause it seems like I mostly guess Kingman, but I think that’s my guess again on the stone.

I wonder if the yellowing of the stone is color change, or what @mmrogers said in another post, the stabilizer resin yellowing.

2 Likes

Hello Val and Ziacat. The turquoise looks natural to me. The stone is clearly fractured in the bottom left quadrant, and that is a huge discount to the potential value. The yellowing in the upper right corner looks like a friction burn from a buffing wheel rotating at high speed, and applied with too much force, and not enough compound. Often, inexperienced buffers will attempt to polish by applying way too much force instead of using the right combination of light even pressure with the correct amount of polishing compound. The resulting scorching is a pretty common phenomenon.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info!

2 Likes