Estimation !?

Hello everyone, I’m interested by this bracelet but I can’t find this Gary Reeves model on the internet. Do you have a price estimate for this? Thanks a lot…

2 Likes

Nice cuff. Gary Reeves is the late brother of Sunshine Reeves and brother-in-law of Darryl Becenti (also deceased). The turquoise looks like Golden Hills to me. Gary’s work seems to still bring decent money. I personally would want to be under $400 for that size of cuff. Hope it works out for you. :blush:

4 Likes

google lens results < ~ CLICK

1 Like

I did a regular google search and only found one that was sold. It had Lone Mountain turquoise which is more expensive (one of the top) and it was $413. This is a seller that I have followed on Etsy, eBay and somewhere else for years. She always has nice stuff and describes it accurately.

1 Like

I checked Black Arrow and it was sold with no price shown. Seems to be bigger with more stones. Also checked Four Winds and that cuff was gone. They had an all silver with silver wire wrapping for $300.

2 Likes

thank you very much to all :blush: what turquoise is it on this bracelet?? the person wants to sell it $500!

1 Like

It looks like Golden Hills which is a fairly recent turquoise from Kazakhstan (overseas). The example is showed you with Lone Mountain (one of the top several turquoise’s in value) was $431. I would see if you can convince her to come down on the price a little. If not, then you just have to decide if you like it enough to buy it. Also remember that Gary is no longer with us and his work is not always available.
Does the seller say what turquoise she thinks it is?

2 Likes

no, the saleswoman didn’t specify and I don’t think she knows NA jewellery. on the other hand, Gary Reeves died in 2014, the golden Hill were already used for NA jewelry?

1 Like

Looks like Carico Lake or Dry Creek to me, but it’s a guess - impossible to say without clear provenance with a lot of turquoise because most mines produce a wide variety of colors.

3 Likes

I just checked that and you are right. According to Black Arrow Gallery, Golden Hills wasn’t introduced here until 2018.( Should have finished my coffee first)
I went back and looked again and Jemez2 is probably on point with Dry Creek. This shows more blue than the pieces I own but it comes with more color than mine and the matrix seems to be the right color. Dry Creek is not in production the last I heard and brings a pretty good price. Definitely worth more that Golden Hills. I would still try to bargain. If you can’t you just have to decide how much you want it. :blush:

1 Like

I was going to say Dry Creek as well.

3 Likes

Not quite accurately, she calls it Hopi.

2 Likes

:joy: I was so focused on Gary Reeves and that particular style cuff that I didn’t even see that. That’s definitely unusual for her. She’s usually on point.