Even Mosi loves Native art

I feel for you with the kidney disease and IBS. My first cat was diagnosed with renal disease at age 5. She did pretty well until about age 10. :heart:
Prayers for your kitty.

1 Like

This was “Bennie Boy” he loved his turquoise too!

10 Likes

I love it, this thread has become “pets with Native American art!”

@AC, what a sweet doggie; you can see it in his face. And gorgeous necklace.

@Tinyturqgrl, oh I hear you on them eating stuff. One of my cats ate some daylilly petals and spent a couple days at the emergency vet (I didn’t know they can be deadly to cats), and this one ate 2 good sized puffballs off a toy. She vomited them up 8 MONTHS LATER :joy: And thank you for mentioning your cat with kidney disease. That gives me hope that she will be around awhile.

2 Likes

I am really enjoying this thread!!

Shadow is hiding right now so I can’t take her picture with something, but I did find this picture from last summer at the beach when I bought this turquoise necklace. Ignore me, I’d been standing out in the wind and sun and am looking pretty rough!

11 Likes

That’s a pretty kitty, and a beautiful turquoise necklace!

4 Likes

Your Shadow looks a bit like my Mosi, so of course I think she’s adorable! And I wish I could find turquoise like that on our beach trips :laughing: You travel with your kitty?

2 Likes

@Xtina
Pretty lady, pretty kitty, pretty necklace!!

3 Likes

@Stracci … Thank you! Very kind of you. :blush:

@Ziacat Yes, they do sort of look alike, don’t they! It’s not always normal that I find such good things I have the beach, but I have discovered a few dealers tucked away at flea markets and second hand shops in the area where we go.

We do sometimes travel with our kitty; if it’s just a trip that’s like a long weekend, she can stay home, but going somewhere like the beach, we can take her with us. She hasn’t flown anywhere! We had started harness breaking her a little bit but she really has never warmed up to it very well, so I’m not sure we’ll ever really be able to travel more extensively with her.

2 Likes

Jackson thinks it’s “cool” for guys to wear turquoise! I agree😊

13 Likes

I think so too :grin: look how handsome he looks wearing your squash. Don’t think my kitty would consent to that!

3 Likes

10 Likes

Ha ha…too cute!
Not to worry; despite the abused look on his face, he’s a bit spoiled!

4 Likes

Yeah, @Ziacat, I was wondering if anyone would be brave enough to try that😆. At least Jack knows sit and stay…although he did do a submissive roll onto his back before the photo!

3 Likes

Finally got her to sit still while the dog was around.

6 Likes

“remember that time you forgot to use my BLUE GEM TURQUOISE headdress for the photoshoot”

7 Likes

Hahahah love it, Steve! My kitty would just be saying, “remember that you forgot to give me my treat today…”

What’s your cat’s name, Nance? We almost adopted one that had that coloring, and then I picked Mosi.

1 Like

:joy::joy:Steve.

My cat is named Nittany. My son found her outside his dorm in State College, PA. He named her Angel but when I acquired her (i am the Humane Society for my kids pets) she was wild and crazy and most certainly not an Angel. She is very skittish so I think she may have had a traumatic experience out side the dorms. With white hair and blue eyes, the name Nittany seemed more appropriate.

3 Likes

That’s right, duh, I remember you said Nittany. You finally got her to come out for a photo op :laughing: I admit, I was like what the heck is a Nittany lion (aside from the Penn State mascot). And then I googled it and found out it’s mountain lions that were near Nittany Mountain or something like that…

Mosi was a shelter kitty, but she must not have had any bad experiences cause she’s pretty affectionate. When my cat of 11 years passed away, we adopted a little shelter kitten which I named Zia, and then she died of a respiratory infection in a week. So then I ended up with our Mosi Yazhi (little cat in Navajo).

5 Likes

Mosi means cat in Navajo? I liked that name originally and now I like it even more.

5 Likes

@nanc9354 :thinking:I got the leather and tools if you really want a collar holla! We can tool it throw some conchos or things of the like on it. The world an oyster let’s get pearls haha

3 Likes