expert opinion please

Obtained this a couple days ago. Closest thing I can find is blue gem mine. Posting picture.My item is this ring. Is it even turquoise?

Hi, Can you post a pic of the back side? Any hallmarks or silver marking?

Is the color in your photo accurate? It reads as very true-blue and not particularly turquoise in color, wonder if this is a lighting effect. In any case the stone appears to be composite material, the type marketed as “blue copper turquoise”–something made by technological processes vs. being a turquoise gemstone. On your other thread you mentioned seeing the color on the back of the stone, so this tells me the setting has an opening where you see it, an indicator of non-Native American production. My best guess is Asian imported.

1 Like

Hi! I believe this is called ocean, or sea sediment, Jasper? You should be able to google multiple examples in this super-blue look.

Thank you so very much for your reply and your opinion. After two days of looking at internet photos, studying your site and reading, I can say that you are absolutely correct, but hey, it was still worth it because I have been turned on to the world of turquoise and in the future I will be looking in the jewelry case at every flea market and yard sale I go to. I also looked at some awesome “old pawn” pieces on ebay today and at medicine man Gallery and learned how to tell which tribe made what. Thanks again,
Cindy

2 Likes

Thank you so very much for your reply and your opinion. After two days of looking at internet photos, studying your site and reading, I can say that you are absolutely correct, but hey, it was still worth it because I have been turned on to the world of turquoise and in the future I will be looking in the jewelry case at every flea market and yard sale I go to. I also looked at some awesome “old pawn” pieces on ebay today and at medicine man Gallery and learned how to tell which tribe made what. Thanks again,
Cindy