Fake?

It can be difficult to determine when you have such a small piece. It doesn’t look Persian.

Thankyou for the answer. Today I found a 19th century ring from around 1880. It looks like Turqouise but could it be glass paste. They used those often in the late 19th century.

1 Like

That’s amazing, a lot more silver detail here than something from Navajo silver in the 1880s.

Yes the detail is nice but it lacks power that the old Navajo jewelry has. Like this ring I found not long ago on a antique market. Its a Chinese ring from the Guangxu period, about 110 years old. I like the green Turquoise but the ring has to many detail.

Hi! I know next to nothing about Chinese jewelry. Can you show the back of this interesting ring? How can you tell the age / dynasty of the ring? I am curious as I have an old amethyst ring from China that was my mother-in-law’s mother’s when she was a young girl. (My mother in law just turned 80.) Thanks :wink:

1 Like

Looks a lot like a picture I recently saw of Hubbell glass, the clear blue with the black veining.