Favorite Hallmark?

I’m new on the forum and I see a lot of hallmark identification questions… but does everyone have a favorite hallmark?

I really love how Anthony Lovato marks his works. I have a few rings made by him and they all have an “A”, “Kewa”, year, and symbol of the Pueblo mixed with other symbols. This one I’m sharing also has corn and the emergence.

14 Likes

Love your ring, and welcome to Turquoise People!

While at Cameron Trading Post in April I bought one of his cuffs; I agree with you about his hallmark. Here is mine which has the hallmark, year it was made, and “Kewa” at the bottom…

I can add a couple more. Dino Garcia, also Kewa, signs his pieces on the back. Here is my cuff, the best that I could photograph it.

This cuff wears well with the Lovato corn cuff :grin: My wedding band is also one of his creations, and it has similar markings on the inside. I love it; special little designs for the owner!

One more by Milford Calamity, a Navajo artist that I met at the Indianapolis Eiteljorg Museum Indian Art Market.

There are probably more if I went through my stuff, but these are the ones that came to mind.

11 Likes

IMG_5745

Our favorite Thorny Devil.

Seriously…I like Benjamin Mansfield’s antelope.

7 Likes

Oh yes, the (in)famous lil’ devil mark :flushed: Also how bout the other one we can’t figure out - the Native lady head/guy in an old school football helmet/bison hallmark? I don’t have time to Google it right now, but I’ll try to later.

5 Likes

I love the back of that Calamity ring. I started following him on IG after seeing him at the Heard this year.

2 Likes

So this mark was on the same page as the one above, but I had never really noticed it till just now.

I kept thinking why does this look so familiar to me. And then bingo! Turned it upside down it looks kinda like this :grin:

2 Likes

Carl Luthy :face_with_hand_over_mouth: and Sadie Calvin

5 Likes

The wonderful, recognizable Mark Chee:

7 Likes

not mine, but some thought and work went into this one.

8 Likes

I want a Navajo Arts & Crafts Guild hallmarked piece. Still looking… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

7 Likes

If I squint, it kind of looks like a genie bottle. Maybe you just haven’t tried all of your three wishes :laughing:

4 Likes

I kinda like this cute little fox on my Paua shell pendant. Is that a shop mark? Anyone know?

n

5 Likes