Favorite Treasure Hunting Tales

I’d love to hear some fun stories or see some pictures of your favorite really special finds. Maybe something you happened to find for a “steal” at Goodwill, or maybe something you went ahead and overpaid for just because you loved it so much.

I’ll start with this little bracelet

I have. It doesn’t have any marks, and I have no idea where it came from, but I paid $1 at a thrift store for it years ago, and wear it all the time. I love it!

18 Likes

Cute bracelet!

My flea market finds. Wear them all the time!

12 Likes

love the one on the right!!:heart::grin:

4 Likes

That’s one of the best things about antique malls and flea markets; there’s a certain kind of fun in searching through the cases for a hidden treasure.

3 Likes

Both of these were $20 flea market/antique mall finds, the Harvey with Crossed arrows about 25 years ago, the whirling log about 15. I never wear the logs, but it’s about the most comfortable bracelet i own. the Harvey is a little snug, but i still wear it occasionally.

11 Likes

No photos right now.
I lived in NE AZ on the Navajo Nation for a few years. We had a metal detector. Often traveled to Gallup, NM and Phoenix, AZ.
There was a huge weekend market in Gallup, that we often went to.
If it was a day with no market, we would stop by the grounds. Walk around with the metal detector and small garden shovel. Found some amazing pieces of jewelry.
It was obvious that some of these had been buried for many years. Others were found in the parking area.

We would make several stops on the way to Phoenix, so our toddler could get out of the car. Found lots of jewelry at the waysides and other stopping areas.

A metal detector is a great thing.

11 Likes

I wore this one today. Found it at a thrift store for $5. It is signed VB (Virgil Begay). Most of my jewelry is a treasure hunt find, or given to me by a family member.

18 Likes

These were $3 from an estate sale reseller…

11 Likes

Love everyone’s treasures!

Here’s my concho belt thrift

15 Likes

Oh my! You’re killin’ me with theses beauties!!.. Very nice!

4 Likes

I found these little earrings at my local thrift store on sale for 1/2 off their $5 price! :+1::joy::heart:

The only mark is the 925 stamp, but for $2.50, who’s complaining!

5 Likes

Like I said you need a Native American jewelry pickers show! Love this cuff.

I Love this cuff! What a find!!

1 Like