Fluted Bead with Morenci Turquoise Necklace from circa 1960s?

Could really use your help here! I’m looking at this necklace for sale, and would really appreciate some expert input! They are advertising this as circa 1960s and Morenci turquoise. Does that sound right to you? Would you consider these beads handmade or bench beads? And most importantly, what kind of value would you put on this piece? I absolutely love it, but don’t want to overpay as I do love my jewelry but also do consider it somewhat as investments. Based on your input, I’m ready to pull the trigger on this purchase! Thanks so much for your help!

Necklace2

1 Like

The PAWN mark would make me leery.
The beads have a seam, so I would call them bench beads. Some of the seams are off.
No photo of makers mark or reference to it.

1 Like

turquoise is spelled incorrectly on the sticker :thinking:

I don’t know if I would call this circa 1960s.The necklace looks legit, could also possibly be Kingman Turquoise. All the stickers and writing just make us feel like they really don’t have any idea what it is and it is many times removed from where the piece originated. It is a choker style, most likely that picture makes you feel like it is bigger than it is. $450 - $550.

2 Likes

Thanks all for your input! As much as I love it, I think I best leave this one alone. They are asking approximately twice what you value it at.

2 Likes

@Jason they also had this picture that I had not provided. I don’t know if this gives a more realistic idea of the size.

1 Like

Yes it helps, bigger than I thought. Jewelry has gotten so expensive in this industry with the cost of materials and popularity. This is a beautiful necklace and if you think you are going to enjoy it get it.

2 Likes

If the price is $1190 like what’s written on the back, that seems pretty high. But it is a pretty one!

Yep, that’s what they want, and I love the looks of it, but at that price, I’m going to have to pass on it.