Gold canyon turquoise

Does anyone know or seen Grand Canyon turquoise? I seen a few examples and not much they say it’s collectible. This stone is Grand Canyon but it all so looks like cloud mountain. It seems right cause back in 70 matrix was not a huge deal I could be wrong any opinions would be awesome.
Thanks in advance

3 Likes

Hum, That’s a tough one. Gold canyon seems to be a trademark for a collection of mines in the AZ / Mexico border area. Gold Canyon AZ is the area next to my dad’s old town of Apache Junction AZ. Don’t know of turquoise finds there. While it does look like a Hubei province turquoise there are a lot of American mines that produce this pattern, Check out this site for a collection of turquoise with similar patterns. Hope this helps, Kyle

But then again I keep finding stuff like this…image
This bear bracelet by Navajo silversmith Robert Sorrell features a stunning slab of spiderweb turquoise from Arizona’s Gold Canyon Mine.

Also check out www.Durangosilver.com for a list of mines and examples of turquoise from those mines.

2 Likes

It looks like it too right down to the little black circle no pyrite or red matrix I could tell from the pic but it’s a nice example. I am talking about the cuff.

2 Likes

This was being sold about 10 years ago by one of the Zachary cutters. Can’t remember his first name, we would come a couple times a year from Tennessee I believe.

2 Likes

I have seen a lot Of gold canyon turquoise from that Philip Zachary unfortunately he died last year There is a video with his old shop it showes gold canyon turquoise and a lot more in the displays. All so extsy has a few examples of gold canyon turquoise for sale just camper showers and some rings but it is real turquoise. I wonder why I have never heard of it before. They say its mind in Kingman Arizona

1 Like

I believe he said it was south of Bisbee, which makes me think Mexico.

1 Like

It came from Phillip Zachary. I was his last apprentice before he passed. The mine was located not too far outside of Globe, AZ. It is no longer accessible.

2 Likes