Green Carico Lake?

I love green Carico Lake turquoise and I’m always on the hunt for it, especially set in a classic vintage setting. However, I know it can be confused with gaspeite and some green Royston. How do you really distinguish green Carico from the other look-a-likes? I’ve attached photos of some pieces I’ve acquired over the years that looked like they might be Carico (a couple were labeled Carico including the loose cab; others I took a chance on). How many, if any, did I get right??

7 Likes

These are also Carico!

I think you have some variscite in there too, but beautiful collection regardless of origins!

3 Likes

I love the ring on the farthest left; maybe that’s variscite?

I this that beautiful cuff in the back may be Carico. The little square looks like Gaspeite to me. The ring on the right of it looks like Hubei Chinese to me. The nugget and ring front right look like Carico. Please remember that these are guesses and I’m not an expert. Some of the more knowledgeable will probably be able to help more. You have some nice pieces. :blush:

1 Like

Thanks. I thought the larger ring might be variscite as well. You also have very nice pieces. Love the colors in the cluster ring. Maybe that will be my next hunt.

2 Likes

Oops. Think I responded to the wrong person. Still learning. Thanks for the info. Never thought about one of them being Hubei. Interesting.

1 Like

Thanks. You also have some nice pieces. Love the colors in the cluster ring. Maybe that will be my next target.

1 Like

Not to be a party pooper but I think that first image might be green Mohave turquoise which is actually a composite. I say that because of the dappled pattern in it.

1 Like

Thanks for your input. Are you referring to the square cut ring?

1 Like

Yes and now I need 20 characters to reply……

1 Like

And the square-cut ring looks Asian in origin.

What a pretty collection!

3 Likes

Thanks. I hadn’t thought about that. I’m going to take another close-up look.

Agree that the square one with the two dots looks Asian and possibly gaspeite. The ring that’s the middle right of the three is Chinese turquoise; I have a pendant that’s almost the exact same color that looks similar. I know that Carico Lake comes in both blue and green and sometimes mixed together, so I’m not sure about some of the ones that are more blue.

Here’s a cuff of mine that’s Carico Lake stones, and my ring that we’re pretty sure is also Carico.

4 Likes

Is it possible the second ring from the left is Kingman?