Green spiderweb & a pale green

I really love the spiderweb teardrop pendant and I picked the other one up for a family member. Are they turquoise and if so any idea which kind? Thanks so much :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

The one on the left has coloring that looks a little bit like a Fox turquoise ring I have. The one on the right reminds me of a ring I’ve got that I posted on here last year, that someone thought could be Chalcosiderite. When I get home I’ll post a picture of that ring for you.

1 Like

I would venture to guess that the piece on the right is some type of Chinese turquoise.

2 Likes

Thanks so much :blush: I took a look at your post and they do look similar, although I wouldn’t complain if it was Damele :grinning:

1 Like

I found this Damele after looking at your post. It kinda looks like the one on the left. Hmmm….

2 Likes

It does have a Chinese turquoise look also. Mine is more minty green without the different green shading; yours is more limey.

I don’t always think of Chinese, because I’m not as familiar with it, and don’t own any. Pretty much everything I have learned about it, I learned on here.

I don’t know if price could give you a clue, because I don’t know how Chinese turquoise runs. Mine was fairly pricey 30 plus years ago, but it was also Navajo made (and I got it in Jackson hole where everything costs more).

I believe you were the one who figured out what my ring could be. So I defer to you one this one too! :grin:

You are probably right and it wouldn’t surprise me at all. There is a lot of Chinese turquoise out there for sure and some of it is really pretty :smile: I have been purchasing pieces from a really nice guy who had an antique store and now a jewelry store with antiques lol. He knows nothing about the turquoise itself. Just where and when he purchased the estate. I do wish there were more shops here that had more of a selection though.

1 Like

Same here, we don’t have any shops in my area that I would trust. But we are fortunate to have a wonderful western art museum about 2 hours south of here with a nice gift shop. But the more you learn, the more you can educate the shop owner!

1 Like