Green stone identification?

This was marketed as turquoise and I think it’s a fairly new piece (so I don’t think it has darkened with age and body oils yet). It’s such a pretty deep green with a sandy and light colored matrix. What kind of turquoise do you think this is, if it is indeed turquoise?

Do you think this could be emerald valley?

6 Likes

That sure is a pretty, rich green. I’ll be curious to see what everyone thinks.

This is an old unmarked cluster ring that was sold to me as Emerald Valley. Yakama Reservation in Washington State.

7 Likes

@Om2bliss the stones really do look a lot alike! Pretty ring! I love those old cluster rings…so classic. Hope I get one someday. :grin:

3 Likes

They really kind do - color & something about the cracks and crevices - I got the ring from the Yakama reservation and I feel pretty good about their info.

1 Like

My first thought was a variscite, if you are going to try to match it to a turquoise I would think Pilot makes the most sense.

5 Likes

Thanks @Jason! It does look a lot like that pilot mountain. I wasn’t really feeling variscite other than for the deep green color; otherwise it does look more to me like some form of turquoise.

I appreciate your expertise here!

3 Likes

Here is a pretty vintage Taxco Cuff. The smaller stones look like turquoise. I’m not sure of the larger one. Agate? chrysocolla? Again…thanks much.

4 Likes