Green turquoise identifying

Can anyone help me identify this turquoise?
I bought this necklace on etsy.com, it is signed handwritten: Made by Angela Lee.
I can’t identify the turquoise stones, maybe Carico lake, Kingman or Royston?
Thanks in advance

2 Likes

I did a google search https://www.google.com/search?q=angela+lee+navajo+jewelry+necklace&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwim1rGj69XvAhWaAp0JHagJBBcQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=angela+lee+navajo+jewelry+necklace&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQA1CvnxhYhKwYYPesGGgAcAB4AIABYIgBogaSAQE5mAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWfAAQE&sclient=img&ei=_PRhYKboCJqF9PwPqJOQuAE&bih=866&biw=1680&client=safari and she looks to make a number of different pieces. This turquoise is a tough one, it has little carico lake and Royston look, but I don’t think it is either of those. Looks like the color of the stone may have changed over the years.

Thank you very much Jason, I appreciate your response

I could very well be wrong, but I’m getting some Variscite vibes from the stones.

Also I was scrolling on google and Instagram and saw a few jewelry pieces with stones that reminded me a little of yours. The stones in those jewelry pieces are pilot mountain.

That’s a good possibility for yours.

Thank you very much for your answer!
I see also similar stones on the internet but none of them are really same as this, I am unable to identify this stone.
Probably, as Jason wrote, the color of the stone changed over the years.

1 Like

You might see if the artist has a website or a Facebook page and ask her. Assuming a living artist but baring that possibility locate a family member.

1 Like

I was able to verify a couple of my own pieces doing this. Many are on social media now.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer, I will try it.
I have found only this information about her:

Angela Lee is from Prewitt, New Mexico. She was a silversmith for Bill Hall, and both John and Steve Skinner.
She started making jewelry in the 1970’s. She is referenced in Wright’s “Hallmarks of the Southwest”, Schaaf’s “American Indian Jewelry II” and Hougart’s "Native American and Southwestern Silver Hallmarks