Green turquoise in amoung the blue stones in a vintage brooch

I am wondering about the difference in the color within the stones in this mandala shaped brooch. Are they just aging into the color or were they replacement stones or ?
Also I have not been able to find the name behind the “DJ” stamped on the back. I am getting ready to sell it and want to be able to answer any questions about it.

Sometimes the oils from our skin will turn turquoise green.

So it doesn’t look like the stones were replaced, they seem contemporary with the others?

They may be, but the cut is just like the other stones.If someone was that careful to match the size and cut you would think they would have done a better job at matching the color. Turquoise can change color with absorbsion of oils (such as from the skin) and other chemicals and cleaners. They may have gotten something on those top stones. The left most green stone has some swirls of light blue that matches the color of the other stones. Jason may be more helpful than I with some better or more complete information.

This is very common in pieces with age. It is likely all of the above. You have the oils from your skin that change the colors of the stones. You also have turquoise that is not a high quality stone. Before today’s technical and very good stabilizing techniques turquoise sellers relayed on other tricks of the trade. Bill Richardson always told the story of the time he purchased these great looking turquoise stones, but the next day when he showed up at the shop the stones showed lots of white. The trader had soaked them in a bath tub the night before selling them to Mr. Richardson and once they dried they showed their true color. When the artist made this pin I imagine all of the stones matched perfectly. I couldn’t find a definite on the name. It seems Dennis James is attributed for some cluster work. Hope this helps.