Guesses to value

Here are few pieces from my inherited horde, I tried to make collages using google photos - not sure how successful these are…

9 Likes

More

The multi strand bracelet is Don Lucas, hallmark covered by beads

7 Likes

More

9 Likes

Better pic of the bracelets

7 Likes

Anything hallmarked can be Google Image searched for comparables. I’m sure you’ll have success that way.

3 Likes

I can find retail prices of some of the pieces, but I really want an idea of what I can realistically expect to sell the pieces - should I assume the usual 1/2 of retail? And if anyone has a suggestion for stores / individuals who buy lots - as I do not want to sell individually.

2 Likes

My previous responses to this question still hold: do the research on retail and sold prices (after all, this is what I’d have to do to for every piece in order make an educated guess), and expect to achieve 1/3- 1/2 of retail, probably closer to 1/3.

Your things are very nice but they’re also items that are available on the market, maybe even at wholesale for some it, I don’ t know the trade to that extent. Maybe @Jason can share his experience.

3 Likes

Is the panel bracelet Federico Jimenez?

3 Likes

Oh! Compared hallmark to other Federico Jimenez’s work - I think it is. Thank you!

3 Likes

I love this answer! I haven’t sold any of my turquoise yet but I have sold a few other pieces of jewelry. I always wonder what to expect to get. I think 1/3 to 1/2 is a realistic answer. It used to upset me, but the fact is I am not an experienced or reputable dealer.

3 Likes

Love the Yellowhorse bracelet!

3 Likes

You really have some nice pieces!!! Love love the bracelets!!!

2 Likes

listings sold <link

listings active <link

$325.00 example if sold with free shipping would generate $42.23 in fees +++

• $8.01 small flat rate shipping box postal cost
  • $5.40 ins cost
  • $2.90 signature cost (proof of delivery)
    ==================================
    $266.46 net

rinse and repeat to establish a baseline for other pcs.
there are online auction houses that accept consignments and deal exclusively with Native American items and their “fees” are spelled “commission”

2 Likes

Steve, thank you for putting that example together for me, I appreciate your kindness & time. Still hoping to avoid selling piece by piece… thanks again, most sincerely.

you’re welcome. being a long time picker has caused me hours of research on hundreds of different antiques and oddities trying to determine value so I know what you are going through.

at the end of the day though it comes down to what you are willing to sell for vs what someone is willing to pay.

one of the auction houses I have researched and watched the bidding at is https://www.billythekidauctions.com/
might be worth a few minutes to drop them a line with some photos to see if there is any interest.

3 Likes

Thank you Steve, That auction house site gave me a good idea of what to expect price wise. I know things are only worth what someone will pay, thankfully I don’t have sentimental feelings for the pieces I will sell. Once again, thank you.

1 Like