Happy Valentine's Day

Today is all about hearts & love. This is my collection of vintage, puffy heart charm bracelets. They were enormously popular during the 1940s. Hard to capture but, most sterling hearts are engraved on the reverse with either a name, or nickname, or initials and/or date (2nd photo). Two of the hearts are dated '41 & '42, respectively. None of these hearts are reproductions.

13 Likes

4 Likes

Happy Valentine’s Day!

@Patina, I love your little heart charms; I’ve never seen any like that. I imagine it was fun trying to see what was on each one. I enjoyed looking at the pics closely.

I’ve only got one piece of jewelry with a heart. It’s a Britwest piece, and not native made (although she does collaborate with Navajo artists), so I can put it in this category :laughing:

8 Likes

Y’all are probably bored of seeing this, but I hope it’s okay that I’m invading this thread to celebrate the heart shape, Navajo style: Harry H. Begay, spondylus. Happy VDay to all!

11 Likes

Nope, nope! Never get tired of your beautiful ring. I think I’ve posted my heart cuff a number of times also :laughing:

4 Likes

@chicfarmer Your ring is beautiful! This thread is for all hearts. Glad you shared yours.

2 Likes

I love vintage puffy hearts. You have some very nice ones!

Do most people polish them? Do you have any Lampls? Here is my collection.

3 Likes

Happy Valentine’s Day!

5 Likes

Oh my @Patina, what cool items to collect…I’ve never heard of them, but I like them. I do remember charm bracelets! The differences in design and information engraved on them makes each heart so special. Love seeing them!
Hope everyone had a special Happy Valentine’s Day!

2 Likes

@nanc9354 It’s so cool to meet someone who’s collected vintage puffy hearts!! Love your bracelets, too. See several hearts that I don’t have. The Scotty dog heart is adorable! I don’t polish my puffy hearts ~ their patina is part of their history, for me. Yes, I have 1 Lampl. It’s the center heart in the 4th bracelet. It’s a pink flower, maybe a rose.

1 Like

I have one Lampl too. The enamel heart with the keyhole top left. eBay has loads of these but quite pricey. I love the history behind these hearts…think of the women wearing these while their love was fighting overseas.

2 Likes