Hello! I am new from Hamburg, Germany

Hello, I found this page by accident in an antiquers forum today. I am from Germany and I started my collection of NA turquoise jewelry back in 1979 when I first visited the USA.
I found some pieces at Sheplers, a western store in Wichita, KS, where my relatives live. Thats were the craze began. Later I found beautiful jewelry on fleamarkets here in Germany ( NA mostly did not mark their jewelry with “925” or sterling, so sellers thought it was costume jewelry)
In 1987 I made a trip through the southwest with a friend. We were told to go to Gallup and visit the pawn shops. We found very nice cuffs for small money. Also I found some pieces on Horse shows here in Germany. American exhibitors of western riding and quarter horses used to have also some indian jewelry, like it was called then. I am happy to be here and learn some more about turquoise and the native craftsmen an women.

9 Likes

Greetings from Texas. I’ve never been to Germany but that is where my ancestors came from. I hope to visit one day. I also have found that people travel around with the horse shows and set up near the arenas to sell their Native American jewelry.
Welcome to Turquoisepeople!!!

2 Likes

Welcome! I lived in Germany for a couple of years in the 90s. I didn’t want to leave! Looking forward to seeing your collection.

1 Like

Welcome! We love to see pictures of turquoise! Looking forward to seeing parts of your collection!

1 Like