Help identifying maker, turquoise, and any way to make larger

Hello
Just found this in some of my father’s things. I am hoping someone can help to identify stones and makers mark. Also to give some idea if any value, and if so, thoughts on making it larger so it would fit a bigger wrist.
It’s been a wonderful day of discovery. Many thanks, may you all have a great day.

5 Likes

Mark looks similar to Ray King, Navajo, but not exact.

It is difficult to tell with the flash but has characteristics of Sleeping Beauty. You would have to have another link (box) that matched the watch made to add length. It is very nice piece $250 - $350. It would definitely be worth more but with smart watches and phones people just don’t buy these style watch bracelets anymore. We have a showcase full of them.

I know, it’s a shame. I couldn’t be without a watch. I am guessing that they probably don’t make many any more. If I happen to be out your way with it, do you have anyone that could add a link? My other thought was to possibly enlarge the length of the catch. Also, can’t decipher hallmark, there is a similar mark on a piece on one of the online sites that attributes to E. King but looked in hallmark book and think not. Thank you for your help and input.

It’s a shame people don’t wear an old-school watch anymore. Sign of the times changing, but there are so many cool old watches. Maybe “only” telling the time isn’t enough in this day and age, but too much information and distractions with a smart watch. Just tell me the time in style.

2 Likes

Agreed! So many beautiful old things being reduced to scrap for the metal value. Losing so much of our history and traditions.

@biker4all Yes, I agree with you on the scrap issue. I find it very sad that some of these things I consider to be valuable heirlooms (sterling flatware passed down from one’s grandmother, for example) and beautiful pieces of jewelry are only of interest for the value of their material and being melted down and destroyed for a few dollars (which ironically, will probably be spent on some cheaply made thing that will end up in the landfill in very short order).

I can’t begrudge someone’s choice of what’s valuable to them and not, and I realize that people today are not as traditional as they were in years past, but it still seems a shame that people no longer see as valuable what’s been viewed as such for millennia.

1 Like

Nice Omega watch! I’d wear it. No smart watches for me!! Still analog!

3 Likes

Beautiful watch/band. How wonderful to have such a remembrance of your Dad. Hope you get it enlarged. so you can wear it.

1 Like

Beautiful piece! Looks vintage 70s or early 80s. The most elegant way to enlarge it would be to add hinged links on either side of the catch.

The watch and stones would need to be removed for the repair, and reset afterwards, so this would likely be a relatively expensive proposition if done correctly.

At today’s labor rates for silversmiths skilled enough to pull this off, it may end up costing as much as Jason has valued the bracelet. Still, with a vintage Omega watch in the mix the resale value, and collectability is greatly enhanced, and the cost modifying the bracelet begins to make a lot more sense.

Properly modified and polished this piece would be an absolute stunner on the wrist! Of course, for the full old school ‘rock star’ effect you’ll need matching nugget belt buckle and ring worthy of the bracelet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhh. He had the buckles too, slender man, not of large stature, but he liked his jewelry “BIG”. There are many pieces that I am afraid at some point will need to part with so someone may enjoy wearing them. Thank you for the suggestions, had similar thoughts on how to extend it.
Happy Holidays!

1 Like

Love the look of this- one of the nicer in my opinion. Wonderful that it was your dad’s.

I wonder if a couple of extra plain silver links with their own clasp could be made to click into the existing clasp as an extension? I don’t think this would look bad at all. Might be a nice touch and comfortable on the backside to boot.

Could you give us some closeups of those stones- would love to get a good look at them : )