Help identifying stones & hallmark on bracelet

If anyone can help me identify all the stones in my link bracelet I’d really appreciate it. Im pretty certain theres some kind of opal. But I am not familiar with the blue or the purple stones. Also I cant make out the hallmark on the back side. It appears to be someone’s initials, but I’m not sure what they are. But they are stamped on the back every stone. Really any info anyone might have would be helpful. Thank you!
** Also curious if this bracelet has any real value to it especially knowing now that the opals are synthetic or lab created. I was wanting to sell this piece but have no idea what to price it at.

1 Like

I’m having trouble seeing the hallmark clearly. If you could provide another photo that would greatly help. What I can tell you is the the opals are lab-created opals, the blue is lapis and the purple looks like charoite. The purple stones could also be sugilite but I don’t feel that it’s the right color to be sugilite. Sugilite is a deep purple and charoite usually has white hues of color visible. When stones are set together like this, it’s called Inlay. This bracelet is is a southwestern style piece, I don’t believe it to be a Zuni or Navajo piece.

1 Like

Me again with the questions😔 how can you tell that the opals are man-made vs. natural?

Lab created or synthetic opals are the norm when talking about NA Inlay jewelry. I think it’s becuase it easy to source, and easy to cut and shape into tiny, complex shapes for the Inlay. Lab-opals also come in any color imaginable, and cost very little.

Additionally, real opals can lose their Fire very easily when they come into contact with water, soap, oils etc. On the other hand, the synthetic or lab-creates opal will always retain its fire. I tried to find a picture comparing the two but I could not find one. When I googled “Native American opal Inlay,” all of the results were with lab-created or synthetic opal.

These are all faux opal:

I liked this example becuase it shows all the different colors that faux opal is made in:

These were the only examples of genuine opal in NA jewelry I could find. All of these were from Nativo Arts.

Both rings are set in 14k. Notice how the opals on the bottom ring have lost their fire.

This one is a boulder opal (opal in its host rock) set in stering.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the initials on the back of the bracelet are E.H. I’ve included another photo if that helps anybody help me identify who made this bracelet thanks again

20190628_193225

It looks like Ervin Hoskie if your still looking for the possible answer😉

1 Like

Yes thank you that does help!!

1 Like