Help in identifying hallmark

Navajo Watch cuff

1 Like

I hope someone knows. I was researching that Mark yesterday and never had any luck. I own a bracelet with the same Hallmark.

It is marked unknown on the www.art-amerindien.com website at the end of the F’s

1 Like

Yes and I also checked a couple of books.

1 Like

Hello and thanks for the welcome Koliopee! The only other place i saw this mark ; like AC stated above, was under the “unknown” section…Perhaps somebody here will know!!! Thanks

HI there Islandmomma!! Thanks for the welcome… I have looked everywhere and have yet to get an artisan. thanks much… lets keep in touch and share if we get an answer :slight_smile:
** i have quite a few pics i need help with… coming soon

F G Indian Native jewelry hallmark:slightly_smiling_face:
3 F^G .

• I Found this in the INAhallmark on the web
1 Like

It is Navajo work, traditional. I would take any FG hallmark and do some research, hallmarks change. This piece we would call the 1970s, maybe that can narrow it done a little. I put Frank Guerno into google and got a handful of watch bracelets, find a style that looks similar.

I was reading somewhere that the Art AmerIndian site stole a lot of Billie Hougart’s work, and a lot of artists are misattributed on there as well. I think if the mark is listed as “unknown” on the site there is a good chance that the mark is in one of Hougart’s texts

1 Like

Thank you BigBree …i thought i was getting lucky finding mark (unknown) in amerindian site… i looked everywhere in Hougarts 4th edition, Quite a few marks are missing as wel, like this Lincoln Soseeah I have; a sunface set . im having bad issues sending pics . frustrating ugh. Everyone have patience please
IMG_7141soseah IMG_7153soseeah

thanks for checking pics out!IMG_7163%20(1)

2 Likes

I noticed some I can’t find in the 4th edition too. One Notable artist I can’t find is Linette Laiwakete who I have a couple of pieces by.

4 Likes

WOW! This piece is beautiful AC…I love looking at others stuff!.. Thanks for peeking at mine,

Thank you, your sun face necklace is pretty fantastic too!

** Bump
while googling ‘Lincoln Soseeah’, i came across this info (?) on Ancestry. Does anyone know if info could be correct?
https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?viewrecord=1&r=an&db=Numident&indiv=try&h=35062744

1 Like

I clicked the link & it goes to their homescreen

Oh No… I’ll try to screen shot…Thank you @TaraFawn75

2 Likes