Help in identifying Turquoise

Holey moley…I Just received cuff and a separately purchased ring in the mail :grinning:. Any suggestions on age and Turquoise identification of Cuff? Ring to me looks fairly young. Does turquoise look similar?..Happy Friday!
IMG-9793
9803|374x500]
(upload://21fk6h4qsLYTTXfh6G7AQBWyad3.jpeg) !
IMG-9793|375x500

5 Likes

The silver products coin silver I believe is from the 1940s or 1950s. Might be wrong but it is not recent.

2 Likes

Thank you @JW… I found this link while peeking about.
https://fredharveyjewelry.com/tag/silver-arrow-jewelry/

1 Like

This time frame we think of the turquoise being American but it could have changed color and that makes it difficult to identify. Green this old you can always default to Fox Turquoise, but you are never going to know.

1 Like

Thanks @Jason Jason. Appreciate the input.
this is the one you all repaired… Yay…

1 Like

Re: Harvey Era & Bell Trading Post pieces.
My question seems silly, but is there a solid way to determine faux remake/copies of these expensive pieces…

I’d really be interested if anyone has knowledge to share.

I would like to know about this as well.

1 Like

Then I fell down a rabbit hole! Thanks for the link.

1 Like

You have some of those old pieces that are punched out, the entire piece. That helps you identify those as authentic. However, if you have the talent and the motivation you could most likely fool a number of collectors. Personally we have never seen a problem with these Fred Harvey era pieces, just misinformed of what the person actually owns.

1 Like

I have a similiar looking stone in my cuff

2 Likes

@TaraFawn75 … What a beauty!! I’m a sucka for an old cuff with personality! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Gonna throw my two cents in here. I would age this as between the 1930’s and 40’s, before the name change of the company. I would also like to point out that the vast majority of the Harvey Era Turquoise was Cerrillos Turquoise, Variscite and chrysocolla. I am adding a photo from Hougart’s 4th.

5 Likes

Thank you for the input @Christibo. Are you speaking of @TaraFawn75 coin silver cuff?.. The IH stamp is older then the stamping on mine, but from same company, correct? …I am totally into Harvey and Bell pieces lately, the D. June book unfortunately is above my price range at present.
I am fearful my ring is chrysocolla or variscite . Would this lessen the value of my pieces? Thanks a bunch… ** full of questions huh?.. lol thanks

1 Like

I see the page references a paper label, That reminded me of a piece I have that has a paper label thought I would share it!

4 Likes

Wow, that’s detailed. So Nevada turquoise, that pretty much says it is green to begin with.

Awesome link. Thank you!