Help Please with any knowledge on Sterling Silver Turquoise Squash Blossom Necklace

This is the second time I have tried to get some help on here for the Sterling Silver Turquoise Squash Blossom Necklace & Bracelet pictured below. I guess maybe I do not understand how this site works but I am going to try it again. Anybody who can give me any info on the neckless and braclet would be my hero. I would like to know what it’s value is and any other info you might be able to pass on. Thank You so much.

Neckless 1 (2) 5 Bracelet 1 Bracelet 2 Bracelet 3

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Nice pieces, you are fortunate to have received.

What information are you looking for specifically? It can be very difficult to identify a specific turquoise mine. Are there any maker’s marks on the back of your pieces? You might have to go over each piece very thoroughly to find it, but the best location is probably the back of the naja (pendant). Unfortunately, many pieces are not marked at all and the maker remains unknown.

There are lots of knowledgeable people here to help you, but i believe most of us also have full time jobs or other obligations. You will probably receive numerous opinions/responses in a day or so. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hello there thanks for sharing! Could you please take close pictures of the turquoise on both pieces, the back of the Naja and the back of the cuff so we can be able to tell you more about the pieces and how log did your uncle have these pieces? These are all really helpful things to help us identify these things for you and to put a value on it…thankyou
~Koliopee

1 Like

Stones look real in both pieces and older pieces sometimes aren’t hallmarked. Some of the experts will have to weigh in on value, but I think you have a couple of great pieces. I think squash necklaces became widely produced in the late 60s and through the 70s.

Xtina

I just really appreciate the feedback and information you passed along to us. Thank You so very much. If anybody else has some input I would be all ears. Thanks again, have a blessed day and I appreciate the info and help.

Lon

1 Like

Hello again. I do not know why my posts keep getting kicked back to me. I sent you several more pictures and forgot to answer your questions. My uncle had these items for at least a minimum of 10 years but more likely closer to 20+. Hopefully the moderator of this site understands that I am an honest person and just trying to get some information to help me put a value on the two items. Thanks again and please let me know if I can help out in any other way.

Lon

1 Like

Thank You so much for the interest and any information you could pass along. Here are more pictures and hopefully they work or if there is anything else I could answer. Much appreciated and here you go.10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 28

1 Like

Hello and Thank You for reaching out to me today. I thought maybe I asked the wrong type of questions but I see you folks run a very tight ship security wise so I understand the delay.

All I was looking for was any item names for the items that folks might be able to pass onto me for the neckless and bracelet. I have searched everywhere for a mine name or any type of scribe on the back of naja and other pieces but have not been able to find anything.

I guess I would like to know if anybody knew what era these came from? One person told me he thought they were from the as late as the 40’s or 50’s.

Also, is there a specific name for the neckless and/or the bracelet?

Is there a specific name for the type of Turquoise in both the neckless and bracelet?

Are these pieces men’s, women’s or unisex pieces?

And finally I was hoping folks might be able to give me a value to the pieces.

Any other info would be fantastic.

Again, I so very much appreciate you contacting me and any information would be greatly appreciated.

Nice pieces. I would call both pieces 70/80s, Navajo. Looks like maybe something like Castle Dome Turquoise in the squash blossom necklace. The bracelet is a little more difficult, does that have some iron pyrite matrix in the rock? This is a good looking squash blossom $1200ish. On the bracelet lets see if we can identify the turquoise, that will make a difference. If you can get a clearer image of all three stones that would be great.

I dont think there were security issues, but you may have posted the same question and photos in 2 different areas of the site and one got kicked out as a duplicate? IDK. We’re hobbyists and collectors here, and a few dealers too, so we’re not on the forum 24/7, but there’s usually 1 or 2 around at any given time. Jason is a great resource for info.

YOu are probably out of luck identifying a maker, without any hallmarks. there was a big native american jewelry craze in the 60s and 70s, up through the 90s even. There isn’t enough sylistically in either piece to attribute it to a specific maker, these can be very common, and there are many on the market. value will be a factor of quality of workmanship, artistry, length of the necklace, size of stones, quality of stones, weight of silver - all very subjective except the weight of the silver. I would trust Jason’s value estimate, and also do your own research on ebay and other sites, searching for squash blossom necklaces and 3-stone turquoise cuffs with leaves. You can search sold items on ebay to see prices for similar pieces.

1 Like

Thank You Jason. Here are three more pictures that I hope will help. I very much appreciate your help. I mean bigtime appreciate it as I would be lost it.

Thank You
Lon

1 Like

Thank You so much and Jason has been great. I appreciate anyone and everyone who has info to pass along.

1 Like

I wanted to add that I agree its 70/80s work…I am sorry I couldn’t get back to you sooner but this three kids at home schedule is a killer…lol
I do want to add though there is some marking on the Pendant (Naja)! I think anyways…look at the back on the right side where the two squared off pieces of flat silver comes together…gently rubb that areawith your fingers to polish it up a little and then take a picture …I think its just a little to dirty to see…now as far as cleaning the whole its your preference…BUT and its a big but…removing the aging(Patina) will dramatically change the look and its resale value because buyers like it and it shows its age… The cuff would be marked on the back side and we would need pictures of the back side surface and really close pictures of the turquoise so Jason can identify the turquoise better…if you get those I think youll be done with pics and then we have to look at the books to see if anything matches up…very nice inheritance btw
~Koliopee

1 Like

Hi Koliopee

First off, Thank You again for all of your help. I very much appreciate it. I do see where you are talking about and have done my best to give you 5 pictures that I hope will work. I will be excited to hear back from you when you have time. And Thank You for the comment on the nice inheritance. That was cool my friend.

Thank You
Lona b c d e