Help with a Sterling Cuff Hallmark

We’re trying to identify the maker of a piece my wife purchased in the 1980s. Not sure how old it really is. It’s a large sterling cuff.

2 Likes

Welcome to Turquoise People. I can not find this hallmark in the sources I use. Can you show us what the workmanship looks like?

1 Like

Hey there Mmmcclurkan! welcome :)… I’ve been trying to find your hallmark as well…perhaps a "whole cuff " pic could help send us in the right direction. I have found several Script R’s in Navajo work that are similar. Can you tell if the first initial is a script G or J , F? I’m having difficulty in deciphering…

1 Like

2 Likes

What a Beauty! Heavy ornate leaf work,. Navajo artisans’ mark is still stumping me. I’ll leave it up to the more seasoned friends on the forum to give it a shot. I’ll keep checking however… @Jason Whatcha think?

I couldn’t find an exact match. I did find a Jerry Roan and Mike Thomas Jr. that made leaf work, you might research those names a little and see if you can find different hallmarks for them. The Mike Thomas Jr. hallmark I found was in scripts, so maybe at one time he used a jr.