Help with ring

• strong text

**I just received this vintage 1970 -80 ring it weight is 1.76oz it’s signed but can’t make out sig it has a wolf bust hall mark any help would be great. Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Welcome! If you could take a clearer focused shot from a little farther away that would be great!
Thanks
~Koliopee

1 Like

Im getting …Andxxx Sandoval Nez or Ahoy (lol)…maybe but maybe if you get from a few angles we can get it better!

Well I still feel lost but
I am pretty sure
The first name is Something like Andrew or Andre, the second name is something like Yonhawef or Yonkawef
And the third one is Ahoz or Ahez or ?
The symbolic mark cant make out the numerator but the denomenator looks like a Z for Zuni maybe
What do you see?

The The description says it’s a wolf hallmark

1 Like

Ohhhh I forgot…since you can see it whats your best guess at the name just for help…then I’ll do some googling!

Side thought maybe Alvarez is the last name

Andrew Redhorse Alvarez! An Apache artist

2 Likes

He has had a few different hallmarks over time it looks like :+1: cool find! The wolf could be from an additional artists hallmark for the lapidary work…back to google! i also found this which is kinda changing the rest of the story…not a good ending to this search…Mans pleads guilty in fake Indian jewelry case
But then I found this last edited 2020 so who knows the real story! Interesting find and getting more and more interesting! https://starhorsegallery.com/about

I am amazed I had to look for maybe three weeks before I had got the ring and could not find anything dude you are awesome. I could not make out anything just a A

Its like a mystery to me and I just start searching…I also just like to help people…no problem! Good luck searching for more treasures…im still interested in figuring out the Wolf stamp part…if you contact the shop and ask them if thats one of their Jewelers pieces he can probably tell us about the wolf stamp…please let me know what you find! Thanks again for posting!
~Koliopee

1 Like

So I talked to him and he is a nice guy you where right he remember the ring the stone is called gold canyon turquoise very collectible the ring is made with Argentium silver I thought it was white gold so that is a plus the wolf bust was a old hallmark. He is making me a 2 oz ring with a old collectible stone in it how awesome is that? Ask him about the case all so and from hearing his side it sounds like he just got caught up in a mess. But he is a awesome master craftsmen they can never take that. Dude thanks for your help I will send you new pic in a few weeks when new ring gets here.

2 Likes

Thats awesome…camt wait to see the new ring too!