Help with turquoise please

I have been contemplating this piece for awhile. Thinking it might be Bisbee looking for opinions on the type and quality of the turquoise.Thanks

4 Likes

Would lean more Pilot Mountain Turquoise.

4 Likes

Thanks @Jason. The tan host rock confused me. I had trouble finding comparables with the darker black and blue combinations of Pilot Mountain. I don’t have any Pilot Mountain so it’s still a contender.

If you don’t mind…what about the turquoise below?

Appreciate your help.

4 Likes

Something like Castle Dome, it appears to be an Arizona stone.

2 Likes

Thank you so much…still on the hunt. Your help with the turquoise is always appreciated.

1 Like

The Pilot Mountain bracelet, I was interested in sold by the time I inquired. Ended up purchasing the bracelets below. I’ve been really good at abstaining from buying but fell in love with the stones in these pieces. Looking for possible turquoise identification and value from those that would like to help. Hoping I made a good purchase.

The first one has a nice deep dark blue spiderweb with pyrite. I don’t see any quartz but guessing this is either Kingman or Morenci?

The other is a beautiful greenish blue with pyrite as well. Big chunky cabs.

6 Likes

I would agree on Kingman with the first cuff. The second one throws a curve. Trying to find something all those characteristics.

1 Like

Love the look of the second cuff- Looks like it has some age. Could we see pics of the backs please : )

Those are beautiful!! I especially love love love the second one. Both have the older look I’m drawn to. You will have fun wearing them. During covid shut down last year I took to wearing my stuff around the house since we couldn’t go out much. And I still do; why not enjoy it, right?!

Thanks Jason. I will see what I can find. Not much out there on this.

No hallmarks on the back of either bracelet. Not sure on the age guessing the 70’s maybe @Jason has a better idea on that.

@Ziacat
Thanks, I love the colors in them too. The second one is darker than in the pictures above. I used the flash so the pyrite was easier to see for identification. It’s more of a teal blue as pictured below

8 Likes

A beauty : ) You did good picking this up. Thank you for sharing

2 Likes