Hoping to get some info on a nugget cuff that I recently got

I bought this from someone selling her parents collection. According to the description the jewelry was purchased from the 50’s to the 70’s. It is not marked at all. The turquoise looks quite similar to another cuff I posted here a year or so ago. I will include a picture of the two of them together. This cuff is smooth and heavy-over 95grams. I’m interested in learning the age, type of turquoise and an appropriate value. Also how is this constructed? Thanks for your help! :blush:

7 Likes

@Jason would you please look at this if you’re still on here? Thanks

I’m trying to add a higher definition photo that won’t blur so much when you enlarge.

2 Likes

Just good looking Kingman nuggets you don’t see anymore. The style was popular in the 70s - 80s and with the price of turquoise today it makes more sense to cut it into a couple of cabs. 70s would be a good guess. The bracelet is made with two triangle wires on the edge with a bottom plate, the design in the center is just more wire work. It is always hard to get a feel of the size, $600ish.

1 Like

I am adding a picture of the cuff on my arm for size visualization.

7 Likes

Ooh, I love your cuff! I’m a sucker for older heavy sterling (or coin) pieces! The nuggets look very similar to some older Kingman nuggets I have. I’ll post a picture when I can dig them out of a packing box (were in the process of moving). Always fun when kids sell their parents collection…

1 Like

Yes I’m extremely happy with the price. She inherited some good things and the other stuff is posted with considerably higher price tags.
I’d love to see your nuggets when you get unpacked.

@Islandmomma I forgot I had these previously posted photos of Kingman with iron pyrite crystals. I also have some Kingman nuggets without the pyrite (somewhere?) I was told these nuggets were likely from the 1950’s….These photos were taken inside; color may look a bit different in natural light.
You’re bracelet is a great find. A while back I bought a fabulous 1940’s - 60’s collection from kids who called their parents collection “this old indian stuff” and just wanted to get rid of it. Fabulous jewelry, some hallmarked with ribbons from the Gallop ceremonial. I paid what I felt was a low end wholesale, but fare price; could have likely paid less. It was a one in a lifetime find, but can always hope lightening strikes twice.

4 Likes

I know, isn’t it crazy when people don’t understand what they have? In a similar vein, I have a really cool inlaid Mary Tafoya bird pendant. I don’t know how many times people have asked me if I made it. Seriously?! :rofl:

3 Likes

@Ziacat Too funny… What is it about Santi Domingo (Kewa)! My example is years ago, I found a gorgeous old 1940s Santo Domingo tab Thunderbird necklace ( made from records, toothbrushes and other colored plastics) on a $10.00 rack with a lot of cheap necklaces. After I purchased it, I mentioned what is was to the sales person, and she became a bit angry saying, “well, we didn’t know!” Oh well! That was the best deal I’ve found. Now I always glance through cheap necklace displays lol😋

3 Likes

K, so I thought my fav cuff of yours that you had posted was the ginormous Dry Creek one (was that what it was?), but now it might be this one.

The stones remind of my ring that I had posted in the nugget/seafoam discussion although pretty sure mine is stabilized, and not as high quality of stone.

This one reminds me of your stones a bit.

4 Likes

Yes it does look similar. Beautiful ring!

2 Likes