How about this? It says zuni

@StevesTrail i think this is native american jewelry

7 Likes

Looks like Zuni work to me, lovely pin!

2 Likes

Awesome. Do you have any idea how old it is? Im going to sell it i think, but i know nothing about it. I just thought 50 bucks was probably a fair price for it

This one looks right to me. 60s to 80s would be my guess as to age.

4 Likes

I tried to find the hallmark on the online sites I look at, but no luck. The only book I have with hallmarks is about Hopi jewelry, so that’s no help. Maybe somebody on here will have it in one of the bigger books. I’m really not good at figuring out ages of pieces.

1 Like

I would definitely search the name Leagus Ahiyite, he’s known for these dragonflies!

2 Likes

I agree with you @AV .

I have some butterfly earrings by someone with that last name, although the first name was Angus, I believe (on my earrings).

Edit: and they are not hallmarked, it was on the little card that came with them. I bought them at Goulding’s in UT

1 Like

Fabulous pin! Yours appears to be Zuni; as @AC said, with the L A hallmark most likely Leagus Ahiyite who typically signs full name in script. With a small piece, they could have just used initials. I LOVE insect pins, bees, beetles, dragonfly’s, butterflies, etc. I collect all kinds of Native American pins, but insects are my favorite. I occasionally wear them on a jacket, but really just enjoy looking at them in the display case😊.