How to unlike a post I accidentally clicked Like?

That says it, accidentally put a heart where I didn’t mean it. Can I undo it or does a mod have to help? Thanks.

You should be able to click the heart again. That will undo your like.

Thanks, I tried and it was greyed out, isn’t that strange. Maybe my browser? I’ll try it on the phone instead.

Sorry to raise again, but the problem continues that I can’t unlike a post I liked. I wish it were possible. Grayed out if I click the heart. Any help?

Maybe I can edit, can you give me the post link?

Will PM you, thanks. So this must mean there’s no way for a user to unlike on their own, is that the case?

Could it be if you unlike the post yourself/ it turns gray because there were previous likes on it? I just tried it on a post that I liked and I unliked it to see what would happen and it turned gray, I am using mobile I don’t know if that makes a difference.

Sorry my post is a huge run on sentence, Sometimes I find it hard to articulate!

1 Like

I just successfully liked and unliked your post two times so no issue for me (on my laptop at least). Maybe it has to do with the device you’re on?

@OrbitOrange I just did the same on this post, liked and unliked and it works. So I wonder if it has to do with a time limit to unlike, or else when you like something and there are other likes on it following your own and somehow that “seals” it. (No idea if either is valid, just wracking my brain.) OO, could you try unliking a post you liked previously here, maybe something prior to today?

I expect it’s structural to the site. Jason himself couldn’t even remove my prior likes.

Actually you’re right. I’m not able to “unlike” posts that I’ve liked in the past. I think maybe you’re right that there’s a relatively short time window to unlike a like.

1 Like

Thanks for checking. Unhandy little bug in the programming.

I just have to ask, why does it matter so much? Was it that bad? Lol ; )