I hit the Bernard Dawahoya motherlode

The Army let me go on leave, so I decided to go on a road trip through Arizona and New Mexico, and I found four pieces of Bernard Dawahoya’s jewelry. I’m not much of a Hopi Jewelry collector, however I immediately recognized the snow cloud hallmark as soon as I saw it. Bernard also took classes at the Hopi Silvercraft Cooperative Guild (which is why the earrings have a guild mark), so I believe these to be his earlier pieces. The cuff is absolutely MASSIVE and is much bigger than your standard coffee mug. The bolo and buckle I believe to be a matched set. I was going to keep the buckle and sell the bolo, but I don’t know if I can bring myself to separate the set.

I’m really struggling assessing a value for these pieces. The “sold” listings on eBay seem to be all over the place.

The Earrings:

The back of the bolo:

Back of the buckle:

The cuff:

15 Likes

What a great find. Go with your heart on whether to separate or not.

2 Likes

No suggested retail price in Native American art. If we had these pieces we would probably be around $2100 on the bracelet, $500 buckle, $400 bolo and $180 earrings.

3 Likes

Nice!!! You have been finding some great pieces. I need you to go on a buying trip for me

2 Likes

Very nice find!
I would separate the bolo and buckle if you are going to sell them. You can always offer a discount for purchasing the pair!

2 Likes

Thanks Jason for your help here. I’m not much of a Hopi collector but I had to have these!

1 Like

I appreciate that @markyboy57!! Lol we can go shopping anytime!

1 Like

Bree , did you ever find a buyer for your cuff?

2 Likes

Wow, That cuff is spectacular!

3 Likes

Wow, all great pieces to have and hold. You have a very good eye!

3 Likes

It’s so awesome she needs two hands to hold it! :rofl:

3 Likes

@RN Yes, a family member bought it :rofl:

2 Likes

Congratulations! It’s a beauty!!

1 Like