I think it is time to sell

That is a nice collection.
Islandmomma has a good point. eBay has raised the seller fees, I have a store, and it is taking three business days for the funding to hit my account.

2 Likes

I will also comment on the Ebay issue… My customers had their Items 3 days prior to payment hitting my bank. Also, their Fees for sellers are over the top anymore… List carefully. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What Chris said! I have sold on eBay and have shops on Etsy. eBay will allow you to sell more quickly if you do auctions. Etsy may take longer.
Know what prices to ask no matter where you sell. No reason to sell too cheaply but too high won’t work either.
When you ship things out, spend a little more to get signature confirmation that the buyer has received the item. This may help if a dispute comes up.
If you decide to sell on this forum first, let us know as I think some of us would be interested.

3 Likes

The fourth picture, the seventh row on the far right, how much would you want for that ring, what size do you estimate it to be?

Yes, I still have some items. What are you interested in?

1 Like

Do you have your things listed on eBay? Do you still have that knife wing bolo? Thanks
I couldn’t find you on eBay.

I agree that etsy is the cheapest if Gi Joe evaluates his stash as under 10k or is willing to keep an eye on the 10k cap and realizes he has to decline offsite ads.
I have a shop on Etsy that I have put on pause. I was able to avoid the offsite ads for a while by keeping under 10k but then I went over. I couldn’t afford to pay 12% on top of fees and I really didn’t like not knowing which items were being advertised. What is/was your strategy? For me ebay may be less expensive than etsy at this point. I also hate the etsy search feature.

1 Like

My sales have been between 60 and 90K for the last 5 years on Etsy. The pandemic really saw my sales grow. I use the offsite ads for sure, and they pay for themselves. The new fee structure will likely affect my sales to some degree, much like the free shipping did. But I stuck with it and I am not unhappy. Last year was my first year where my profit was pretty much nonexistent. While I do like it when I make a profit, I am mostly in it for the jewelry. I collect and my wife has a good stash too. I love handling it and I try to pass it on at a fair price. There are other bennies too. I use an Amex card for my shop, and it gives me diamond status with Hilton, and free stays. Rarely do we pay for a hotel. I also write off my office space in the house and internet costs against my taxes.
I have friends that are in the business and if they see something they like I sell it to them for cash, although these are mostly the pricier items.
I am planning on reducing the amount of items in my shop for sale over the next year. I will begin pouring silver in the tufa cast method and create my own jewelry. The more I do of that, and reduce buying and selling vintage; then the better off I will be. Newly made jewelry will easily absorb the Etsy fees going forward. I will always keep my eyes open for a good deal, but I plan to stop buying at auctions all together,

3 Likes

You’ll have to show us your’ finished pieces. That’s very exciting!

1 Like