I think this is turquoise? How about you?

3 Likes

I am guessing from the look of it that the bracelet is from Mexico. Check for hallmarks. Mexico has been using what is called a mixed medium for along time now. That is what that stone looks like. Mixed medium covers a lot of material, including Block, dyed and reconstituted turquoise. I would defer to the pros of course.

1 Like

Hi Christibo,it’s hallmarked Sterling & L.Bennett.

@TaraFawn75 I’m diggin’ that green stone hinge bracelet. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi, she’s a beaut isn’t she! Here she is in all her glory :blush:

3 Likes

Can you show more photos of it? I am curious now!

1 Like

The L Bennett piece?

yes please, I would like to see that one front and back if you can.

1 Like

2 Likes

I dunno, I’m not an expert but looks like turquoise to me.

1 Like

Oh wow! You’re the one that snagged that piece! I saw it only after you snagged it and was kicking myself, lol. I think it’s a beauty and a VERY good price! :slight_smile: :smiley: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You are all more brave than I am. Can’t bring myself to buy jewelry online. It is a very striking and unique cuff.

2 Likes

Yeah I am stumped on the Turquoise. It really looks like it has been dyed or something. The smooth bezel and the simple construction is very reminiscent of Taxco. Maybe Jason will weigh in on the Turquoise. Pretty though!

1 Like

I get the feeling that this is turquoise, I have seen lots of stabilized Kingman that has this characteristic.

2 Likes

@TaraFawn75 A quick google search references several pieces of jewelry (with the same “L.BENNETT” hallmark) to Navajo artist, Lee Bennett. Might be a good place to start for more information. Good luck!

2 Likes