Identification on cuff bracelet

i have a bracelet i would love any type of information the first image is front of bracelet, the second image is a symbol to the right of the tail, the third image is a symbol to left of tail and the last image is a symbol on the inside of the bracelet like a hallmark i would guess

2 Likes

Hi, What a great early bracelet! Congratulations on owning it. I have looked through all of my books, the most extensive book being Bille Hougart’s “Native American and Southwestern Silver Hallmarks”, 2014. I have not been able to find anything that looks like the last two marks. Have you tried the Amer-indien website online? Some of the older hallmarks are in "Reassessing Hallmarks of Native Southwest Jewelry " by Pat and Kim Messier 2014, but none of your marks show up in that recent book either. My thoughts are that most hallmarks that have been identified are post 1970’s when artists starting signing for the sale of their pieces. This piece certainly predates that time period. If you do find out anything about the marks, please post on this site for all of us to learn more. Good luck!

Singer004

1 Like

thank you for the information, i wasn’t really sure how to even start, i tried googling Indian images, but never found anything to match what’s on the bracelet, ive had the bracelet myself around 24 years, and my grandmother had it before me. do you think it looks to be authentic or could it be a reproduction

It certainly looks authentic to me. One of the best books on the early period pieces is Dennis June’s “Fred Harvey Jewelry” which is about jewelry from this period 1900-1955. Fred Harvey was a restauranteur, not a jewelry maker. You can read about him on the internet. Weigh the piece in grams, the heavier it is is important for authentic NA made jewelry from this time period.

Singer004

1 Like