Identify Hallmark on Silver Belt Buckle

Can anyone identify this Hallmark? I have been researching it, asking ever dealer and trading post in Arizona for over 10 years without any luck.

2 Likes

Try that photo of the hallmark again. it is too grainy. Take the photo without using more than 50% of the zoom capability. We an enlarge it more on our end. It is Hopi to be sure, I have the Hopi hallmark book ready to look for you.

3 Likes

hope this helps, I reduced the zoomed shot to try and clean it up a bit.

danielle.wadsworth hopiDW

Christibo, does the Hopi book agree with the Art-Amerindien site as Danielle Wadsworth?

4 Likes

I would say it looks very much like her hallmark.

1 Like

Here is another shot with less zoom that I had on the camera. I will still try to get another one.

Bruce

1 Like

My copy of Hopi Silver by Margaret Wright (4th ed.) does not have a Danielle Wadsworth hallmark in it. My copy of Hougart (4th ed) references her but the hallmark looks different. It is described as a “six rayed symbol” but the photo shows the rays as tear dropped shaped and solid, not split like these. However, both the art-amerindien site and the medicinemangallery site show the hallmark looking like the one on the belt buckle.

Yes It is Danielle Wadsworth. She apparently made more than one of the design. Here is photo of same buckle and hallmark from Joseph Veeder Jewelry on Esty.
Buckle Joseph Veeder Jewrlry
Wadsworth Hallmark 5

Thankyou to everybody that help me research this!!!

1 Like