Identify turquoise

Hello. I’m new here. I got a trick to identify real or fake turquoise in 10 seconds and I have tested many turquoise with that method. If anyone interested to know let me know I will tell you and you check all of your turquoise that will work fine. Easiest and quick. No need any special equipment or material.

Tell us about it -thanks

1 Like

There are many different tests to authenticate genuine turquoise :blush:

1 Like

Write on turquoise with ballpoint ink. Then wipe with your thump or finger, it will get back to its original appearance by wiping once or twice because natural turquoise doesn’t absorb ink but stablized turquoise absorb ink and that ink can’t be removed easily maybe you need to wipe more than 10 times and after removing ink from surface if you have a close up look you will see same writing deep in surface which can’t be removed. I have tested many fake pieces of stablized and resin made. It’s your turn. This secret I haven’t told to anyone except my brother. You guys are first

Lucky! Very Lucky! Considering that 95% of all Turquoise used in jewelry is stabilized, you must be very lucky to have found so much!

1 Like

I will say this. Even if this test works… as a seller of turquoise jewelry… I would flip a table if someone took a ballpoint pen to any of my jewelry. I reccomend you NEVER do this test. Even if the turquoise is stabilized, it is now ruined due to the ink.

2 Likes

Those nice black veins in nuggets of Sleeping Beauty Turquoise are many times a result of shoe polish. I think we should think of this in reverse. A piece of stabilized turquoise has been treated, different treatments out there, but the idea is to put a protective seal on the stone. A natural piece of turquoise, especially if it has matrix, wold be more likely to absorb an ink.

1 Like