Identifying a mark with an arrow

I have a ring with a mark I can’t identify. It is an arrow pointing to the right with a post going down with a small triangle to the left and a rectangle slightly below and to the right. It has what looks like a sign hanging from the arrow. To the right it says Sterling. Any ideas?

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the group! It sounds like you have a Sterling piece from the popular tourist trade company Bell trading Post but pictures of the front, back and close up of the Hallmark would be needed to be sure… since there are sooo many marks out there. And additionally we love to see all the lovely pieces people find and it’s helps us all to learn and appreciate through visual sharing of art. Thanks for posting and don’t forget to introduce yourself on the welcome thread🤓
koliopee

4 Likes

If it’s Bell Trading Post it should look something like this.

3 Likes

This is the Bell Trading Post trademark that was filed in 1962 according to my research online.
20191009_200709

1 Like

That is very similar if not the same. Thank you for sharing.

By George I think you’ve nailed It! I am going to attempt to upload some photos. Thank you so very much!

I hope this works! Thanks again!

1 Like

I would have thought much earlier.

Jeff… is that a pair of Jump wings? Made by Bell???

1 Like

It is!! A parachute on front…let me go find that…

3 Likes

Bell used several marks prior to 1962. One was the mark on my ring. When the father passed away his kids took over and used one trademark.

1 Like

Oh gosh, I think I need to go get Airborne qualified now!! Let me know when you’re ready to part with that one Jeff

1 Like

Just to be clear, it’s not mine. And I would never EVER jump out of a perfectly good airplane! But I might forget to say where I filched a photo from. Lol

2 Likes

Awww dang I need one of these. Keep an eye out for me lol

Will Do!! Hopefully cheaper to buy one than the high cost of earning one. :airplane: :parachute: :parachute: :parachute: :parachute:

1 Like

Nice Airborne Badge. I have one similar (pin back) as well as a clutch back type that I often wore on my Class A’s while I was on active duty. Any idea when they were made?

As promised, here are the Bell Trading Post Airborne (paratroop wings). I wore the clutch back ones while I was on active duty

1 Like

Let’s try this again

1 Like