Information on Michael (Mike) Thomas, Jr

Was wondering if anyone had information on the Navajo silversmith Mike Thomas, Jr.
I believe he was making jewelry 1980’s - 1990’s.
I have a beautiful bear claw necklace that I believe he made. I will shoot some pics of it in the next couple days. Any info on him would be appreciated.
Thanks as always.

2 Likes

The Gregory Schaaf book notes: "Mike Thomas Jr. (stamps M. Thomas Jr. in personalized script, NAVAJO STERLING) (Navajo, active circa 1070’s-?, silver serving pieces, silver leaf, feather, bear claw jewelry). Family: son of Mike Thomas, Sr. Publications: Wright 2000:165.

1 Like

Thank you for responding. Wonder if he is still around?

2 Likes

Yes, he is… I just bought some of this new work.

2 Likes

Is there a way to contact Mike Thomas Jr, I would like to order something from him

3 Likes

Do you know of any way to contact Mr. Thomas? I really admire his work and would love to have something made by him.
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Caroline,
No, I don’t have his personal contact information. -Sondra

Thank you, Sondra.
Any idea of shops which may sell his work?
I’m in Canada and have tried googling his name but didn’t come up with much of anything. It seems that quite often, Native American artists don’t have an online presence even though they are still working. I guess they sell by word of mouth.
Thank you!

1 Like

I have three of his cuffs available in my shop. You might want to contact Perry Null, (the folks who host this forum). It’s possible they would have contact info.

3 Likes

Those are pretty. Is that Royston?

Could be, but he did’t mark them, so I don’t know for sure. The top one is my favorite with the color and the matrix.

Great idea! Thank you for the suggestion.