Inheritance Squash Blossom is it real? Worth?

I received this in an inheritance from my grandfather. Any and all info welcome. We are all registered natives with the umpqua tribe. If that helps. But I don’t think that’s where this came from. Any help us very much appreciated!!

11 Likes

IMHO looks like 1970s - 1980s Navajo with Carico Lake turquoise.

5 Likes

@Rhanfam Wow, this is a gorgeous set of turquoise jewelry!! I don’t recognize the hallmark on the naja but others here may have input on that.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. It’s so exciting to learn about!

1 Like

Love the Turquoise and as well the silverwork- So awesome! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

I can’t quite tell from the pictures, but I think the stones might actually be gaspeite

3 Likes

I had wondered if it could possibly be Emerald Valley turquoise.

2 Likes

I’m inclined to agree with StevesTrail that it’s 70-80’s with quite possibly Carico Lake turquoise. The hallmark is somewhat similar to Jerry Roan who started in the 70’s time frame. The last cuff I sold didn’t have as much of the line across the top though. It may be a variation of his hallmark. Cool squash!

3 Likes

What a well made piece of jewelry. Those bench beads look like they are older than 70-80s, I’m thinking more like 50-60s. All the silver is solid, like price was not an issue, before silver went through the roof. Soldering looks a little sloppy, and appears to have been cleaned up with a file. Gas torch perhaps?
As for the turquoise I am pretty certain it is Carico Lake, which is a little strange as green was not that popular back then as it is now. Certainly the brilliant lime green is indicative of Carico Lake as is the matrix, particularly on the Naja cabs. The whole style of it, to me, pre-dates the boom times of the 70-80s. I doubt this was a shop made piece, more like private or personal use.
As for the artist, can’t come up with an exact match. I don’t think it is Jerry Roan, but don’t know for sure. I may be wrong but I’d peg it’s value at $2500-3000. If you could identify the artist it would help to lock down the time period and the value.

3 Likes