Inlaid Concho - Navajo? Zuni? Who's LN?

The initials LN are stamped in all the Conchos. There is also the word or letters KXXAP-WP. Any clue what that means? Curious minds need to know! Can you give me an idea of what it’s value is?

1 Like

I found it and it’s a her! Lolita Natachu! After an hour of gazing at photos I finally found mention of an LN name and found similar pieces. I still would still really like to know what the etched words are about…

1 Like

Sometimes that type of lettering would indicate a pricing code. the individual seller or trader would use a series of letters and numbers to code how much they paid for a piece. Sometimes this type of coding is a personal identifying code…in case lost or stolen. often older pieces will be marked with the owner’s ssn, before identity theft.

Interesting, thank you.

This is an interesting piece. We still get jewelry from Lolita and that is stamped F.L. NATACHU. We only get knifewings and rainbow man designs. This belt has lots of different designs, including the goonie bird that Nancy Laconsello talks about in her interview http://www.perrynulltrading.com/artist/nancy-and-ruddell-lanconsello/. The belt has some age and really great look, I am not sure what size these pieces are. I am guessing they are 1 1/2" diameter, and would expect to see this sell around $2000 - $2500. The marks on the back of the belt are trader marks that indicate the original cost of the belt.

1 Like