Ira Custer Christmas corn

My Christmas present, an Ira Custer corn pendant. I already had the cuff and ring by Dino Garcia, but I thought the pendant carried on with the theme nicely, especially since corn is such a big crop in IN. Every summer I look forward to buying fresh sweet corn on the cob from local farmers. They set up little wagons where you can buy their corn through the honor system. Beats supermarket corn every time.

I bought the pendant from khmetalwork’s “hoard” :grin:; I so appreciate it! It fits nicely on several of my smaller Kewa necklaces, but not the largest ones, so now I might need to buy a midsize necklace.

I used to not look to buy from any particular artist, just mostly what caught my eye. But some of you on here (like Chicfarmer and OrbitOrange) have inspired me to also try to collect items from certain artists that I love.

19 Likes

Its beautiful!
What a nice collection!!

2 Likes

Love the new addition and the whole group! I have to get some more corn imagery, too. Hope your Christmas was lovely!

2 Likes

Thanks to both of you! Yes we had a great time with family, thanks Chicfarmer! Ate waaaaay too much though :laughing: Hubby still has this week off from work which is nice.

When he was at the Eiteljorg Market a couple summers ago, I was really drawn to his dangly corn earrings. But they were a little too heavy, so happy to have this instead.

1 Like

@Ziacat Beautiful corn pendant! The turquoise at the top ~ chef’s kiss. Your new pendant goes so well with your corn cuff & ring. I know you’ll enjoy wearing them all.

3 Likes

Well, looks like you had a nice Christmas :smile:. The Ira Custer pendant is nice, especially with your other pieces. I can envision it on a nice rolled turquoise kewa necklace, but the nice thing is you can change it out depending on your mood…

3 Likes

Yes, I like the thought of a wider turquoise Kewa necklace. I have this one,

but it’s not as thick as I’d like, and it’s choker length. I’d like to get a longer one. So far my favorite has been the one I posted in the first pic. For some reason to me that necklace, even though the beads are round, has the feel of Native American corn. I can also double it with another one I have that’s the exact same length.

8 Likes

I hadn’t thought that, but you are so right! I love indian corn!!!

3 Likes

@Ziacat that’s such a unique and striking combination. Love it! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Great collection @Ziacat!! Corn pieces are on my list, too.

3 Likes