Is anyone familiar with this style?

It has markings on each earring. I believe one to be 68.0257 EGE. The other is a bit harder to read but appears to be oGo893. I could be very wrong, I don’t have the best eyesight. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Dan

This resembles Native American Jewelry from the 1970 era. The turquoise? inlay is called chip inlay. It is hard to tell from your pictures if this is real turquoise.I can not detect a STERLING stamp. In my opinion this were manufactured, not Native American handmade. The hallmark most likely resembles the manufacturer. I would call them Costume jewelry.

1 Like

I agree that these are manufactured, and most likely contain no silver at all. Quickest way to see if you should spend more time identifying these would be to get them acid tested for content.

2 Likes

I wonder if this is pewter. I agree they are not handmade. Thank you for showing the back. That kind of texture on the back of something always makes me think it might be manufactured. It’s not the same texture as tufa casting.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who commented, seems I have much to learn and this is a great place to start. Again, thanks to all for your time and knowledge, much appreciated.

Dan

1 Like

Or simply put a magnet to them. You do have to remember tho if you put a magnet to a necklace clasp, sometimes the spring inside the clasp will stick. This is just another simple method.