Is my cuff by Tommie Charlie or possibly Tommy Singer

I recently bought this cuff and can’t decide about the hallmark. It is stamped TC and according to the info in Hougart’s that hallmark belongs to Tommie Charlie. However, my searches are only turning up recent all silver completely different designs. I believe he started working in the 70’s but once again nothing to substantiate that. My other thought was that it might be a piece by Tommy Singer.
I think the turquoise looks like it might be Persian. I’m really curious about who actually made the cuff and approximate age. Some ballpark price would also be nice. Thanks for your help.image image image image

10 Likes

I think the confusion is this bracelet is probably 1970s, the style and Persian suggests that era. Those slinky style bracelets that you see are more modern and no reason why this couldn’t be made by the same artist.

2 Likes

Thanks. I thought that might be the case but I was hoping that you or someone else would know a little bit more. I did a fair number of searches trying to find some thing that old. Thank you very much for your help.

Those Persian stones are beautiful. :+1:

2 Likes

That’s what finally sold me. I wasn’t sure about the asymmetrical silver design at first but it grew on me. It fits like a glove and looks great in person. Thank you

2 Likes

So nice! The ballpark price for this would be $100 more than you paid…

1 Like

Jason, can you confirm what you mean by slinky style bracelet? I appreciate all your knowledge, and how generously you share it with us!

2 Likes

If you google Tommie Charlie cuff you will see a lot of all silver rounded band type bracelets. Not a good description.image

1 Like

I just figured it out: Jason meant resembling the Slinky toy of our childhoods! :smile: Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 3.58.23 PM

6 Likes

Gotcha gotcha - i think of those as coils and am familiar with them - just never heard “slinky” as a descriptor before! Makes sense.

1 Like

I thought he was referring to your original post bracelet as slinky. :wink:

1 Like

Oh well, when I just tried to describe it I didn’t do very well either. Therefore the picture. LOL

1 Like