Is this costume jewelry? Is this style similar to what native american jewelry is?

I donā€™t have an eye for identifying Native American style Jewelry. To me the earrings look like a couple of guitar picks with some strawberries dangling from them so I donā€™t know what Iā€™m looking for. The top half of the earrings are heavier, made from metal. The things hanging are cheap and feel like plastic.

Steves Trailā€”I have a feeling i know what you are going to tell mešŸ˜…

Sorry @AV . Not NA. Looks like costume with white quartz from the photo. Weight will help tell. You might just have ā€œplastiqueā€. Iā€™ve been a jeweler and geologist for almost 40 years and I canā€™t begin to tell definitively one turquoise mine from another. And the folks on this forum have shown me ā€œI donā€™t know what I donā€™t knowā€ with respect to many facets of NA jewelry.

Now if you have vintage and antique fine jewelry I can help. There is a non-native category.

A lot of research and handling authentic jewelry and stones at shops and shows is essential.

2 Likes

I have tons of jewelry. When you say fine jewelry what do you mean by that? Do you mean 14k gold? Or does it have to have a hallmark to be fine jewelry? I would love insight on a diamond ring.

Typically karat gold, platinum, and silver. Georgian to modern. Here is a Victorian 20k bracelet Iā€™m repairing, a mid-century 18k gold diamond bracelet, and a vintage diamond solitaire as examples.

7 Likes

This is all right up my alley, @StevesTrail
How big is that diamond? Itā€™s yummy

2 Likes

The diamond is 1.75ct.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t mind that sweet rock on my finger!

1 Like

Ok i posted a zuni pin and a diamond ring, hope you can check them out.