Is this Denim Lapis Lazuli?

I am wondering if this is Denim Lapis Luzuli? It looks like some I’ve seen that is said to be Denim Lapis Luzuli. Also, is this considered a Squash Blossom necklace? It doesn’t seem to have all the embellishments they usually do.
Thanks for your help!

4 Likes

Are there sparkles in the stones?
I would not call it a squash blossom, as it is missing the ninja.

3 Likes

Yes there are sparkles. Hard to explain but almost looks like gold or silver throughout it and actual sparkles in the blue. Pictures do not do it justice.

1 Like

It’s also missing the squash blossoms. So agree, not a squash blossom necklace.

1 Like

So do you consider this Denim Lapis Lazuli ? Not knowing anything about stones, why the question about sparkles? What does that tell you?

Yes there are sparkles. Hard to explain but almost looks like gold or silver throughout it and actual sparkles in the blue. Pictures do not do it justice.

1 Like

That is lapis lazuli. Denim lapis is a lighter colored version of the stone, looks like faded denim jeans.

2 Likes

so probably not denim, but looks like lapis lazuli?

1 Like

Yes, Lapis Lazuli

4 Likes

It looks like you have a nice station necklace with Lapis which is more expensive than denim lapis. The necklace looks like it may be handmade. :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you very much. It is handmade, you can tell, but not sure by who, as it is not signed. It of course does say sterling. The blue is very rich looking and the sparkle and veins really stand out. It is also very heavy and has a set of cabochon earrings that go with it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be too concerned about no hallmark. This doesn’t look super old but a lot of vintage and older pieces weren’t signed. I just bought a ring and pendant. Mine are signed (bet that made the price go up) :joy:

2 Likes

Oh that is beautiful!

1 Like

The sparkles are bits of pyrite which are common in lapis in either silver or gold color. I think it’s especially pretty in lapis and makes the stone look like a starry night.

Agree that this is lapis, not denim lapis, which is lighter and more faded looking in color, and that it would more accurately be called a station necklace than a squash blossom. It lacks both the characteristic naja and the namesake squash beads of a squash blossom.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

1 Like

:rofl: “missing the ninja”
:laughing:

2 Likes

Found the samurai tho!! Remember this?

5 Likes

Noooooooo not the Native American Samurai who looks like Godzilla nooooo

Seriously, he gave my family a lot of LOL

4 Likes