Is this fixable?

I bought this cuff in the mid 90’s at 4 Winds Traders in Flagstaff. It was pawn, and the owner showed me right up front the heishi pieces which had broken off. I bought it anyway cause I loved it (still do). Years later I asked someone in NM somewhere if the missing heishi could be replaced. They felt it would be too hard to do and not worth it. About the only place I wear it is Church cause I am pretty sure I won’t bang it on anything there.

Is that your opinion, Jason? Not very fixable?

If not that’s ok; I’ll just wear it occasionally.

There is one other small piece missing on the other side. But those 2 places are the most obvious.

Thanks!!

3 Likes

I imagine it could be fixed. The trouble is the beads are glued in. If you want us to repair the piece you can send to:
Perry Null Trading Co.
Attention Rocky
1710 S 2nd Street.
Gallup, NM 87301

I imagine it will be around $40 - $50

2 Likes

That’s great! It would be worth it to me. I will send it to you eventually.

Do I need to call/email ahead to let you know it’s on the way, or just send it?

You can just send it. Put a little note in the package of what you want repaired. Thanks

1 Like

And thank you! Makes me happy to get it fixed. I’ve always liked it, and I’ll try to send it in the next couple weeks.

It’s so good to find a place to get items repaired; I don’t dare do that here in IN. I used to go to a place in Albuquerque, but they are now closed. And I will visit Perry Null next time I get to Gallup!

I’m going to try to get in gear and finally send this in next week to be fixed. @Jason, do I still put, “Attention: Rocky?”

I’ll put a note in with it with my info. Thanks!

I recently had a coral inlay stone replaced on a cuff done by Perry Null.
. They did great work for a reasonable price…and I dealt with Rocky. Also…just received a lot I bought on line and one of the cuffs is a smaller version of yours. I really like it. Unfortunately, it is too small for my large wrist. Hallmark LC…I have no idea who that is.

2 Likes

A little research…thanks to google search…I found a very similar one on eBay…

I never heard of Kewa Artist before,

1 Like

Kewa is the Native name of Santo Domingo Pueblo. Nice little cuff.

I believe mine is actually Navajo. The very knowledgeable gentleman I bought it from in Flag thought it was. Most of his customers were local Navajos. It does have a Kewa/Santo Domingo look, but the silver is quite heavy, more like Navajo work; it is not hallmarked. I have to be careful when I wear it so I don’t bang the heishi and break it further.

2 Likes

I finally just put this in the mail today. I’m assuming the address and such is still the same. Also, Perry Null will contact me with how much I need to pay? I put a phone # and an email on the note inside. Thanks Jason!

3 Likes

I’m really excited! Rocky at Perry Null sent me an email with pictures of my fixed cuff. When I get it back I’ll post a new picture of it. Looks like they did a great job at a really reasonable price.

6 Likes

@Ziacat glad it worked out! They’ve done several repairs for me…good work and price.

1 Like

I have a similar cuff from the same maker, I’d rather forgotten it until I saw your picture. :grinning: It’s clearly way overdue for a cleaning.

5 Likes

Wow. nice bead design and I like the silver swirls on the ends. Wanna trade? :wink::wink:

1 Like

:smiley: it was nice to be reminded of the cuff. I stashed it away and hadn’t thought about it for years.

2 Likes

All of your bracelets are just lovely - I’ve not seen that style out our way, but now I’ll need to pay a little more attention when out searching for the next treasure.

2 Likes

I hadn’t seen anything like it at that time either (mid 90’s), but that was before as much was on the internet. Now it seems like you can find anything there. The other day I googled “wide heishi cuff,” and found this…

And then this…

And this!

Those last two are my cuff (not literally of course). None hallmarked, so doesn’t help with that.

I’m kind of cracking up that the last two say it’s a rare find, cuz I can find three exact same already :joy: (counting mine)
No matter, I love mine.

And it’s ridiculous what they are asking for them. I saw another almost the same priced at 1,000 + bucks - and that was “marked down.” :joy: SMH.

2 Likes