Is this Nevada #8 in Natural?

Is this a piece of Nevada #8 turquoise? If so, is it large enough to make it into wearable art?
Pics were taken in natural light.

4 Likes

New photos added.

2 Likes

I have no idea, but it’s nice to see the turquoise like this. Thanks for posting it! And I love the pics of it outdoors.

2 Likes

Thank you @Ziacat. I appreciate your reply.

1 Like

It’s a beautiful stone!

It sounds like you’re not sure it’s #8.
Where did you get it, and what were you told about it?
Could it be variscite?

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply @Stracci. I purchased it from an ebay auction. Here are the details.

Fine RARE OLD NATURAL Heavy Nevada #8 Mine Turquoise Rough… It came from an Old Private Stash Collection of Turquoise Cabs & Rough from an Old Lapidarist from Arizona who worked most of his life with the stones of this earth specializing in Turquoises……”

I am not knowledgeable about turquoise but I liked the looks of it and bought it. Unfortunately there are sellers who are not forthcoming and I’m not saying this is the case here but I am hoping for the best on this at under $25.

3 Likes

You think of it being more blue. Some of the new stuff you see being called number eight will have this green color, a little different webbing. “Old private stash” of Number Eight would look different I believe.

3 Likes

Thank you @Jason. I have written the seller hoping they will name names and will post if I receive further information.

UPDATE:

“ The shop name was Apache Trail Trading Post, the owners name was Demver.”

1 Like