It my new cudd Fred Harvey of Navajo as the seller claims

The cuff is lightweight with 7 green turquoise that he claims are Cerillos. The square stones are ent on top of the bracelet. There is a twisted wire with three it’s at each end of the turquoise. Then there is a starburst shape, a snake and two half round shapes. Total weight is approximately 19g.
So I guess my question is is it’s Fred Harvey of 1020’s Navajo.
I apologize for the picture quality but I’m confined to the bed with Covid-19. Had the antibody infusion Monday morning and not feeling perky yet. Fell getting out I’d bed last night and no muscles were working. Freaked my husband out screaming for him at 3am. Couldn’t get down flat or stand up. The good news is that I will be out of quarantine so I can attend my Dad’s 90 birthday celebration.:heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:
I was going even if I has done to sit in my car and watch.

3 Likes

Did you have a picture?

1 Like

Yes nothing is working for me today. Must be fever
@Jason finally got the pictures up.

Nice cuff! Definitely Harvey Era. I think Cerrillos. I can sell something like that all day long for $200. It is a slug bracelet, machine stamped and likely the stones were set by Native Americans. Not unusual to see them without hallmarks.

The Cerrillos mine doesn’t produce the dark green as much anymore. I was there in June and only manage to find 4 of the dark green. Nice fella though! He took me back to his rock yard where he cuts cabs from. Interesting mining museum too.

5 Likes

Thank you. The seller was saying approximately 1930s. It seemed more like Harvey to me than Navajo. Thanks for helping.

FYI Harvey Era spans 1900-1953

2 Likes

It’s lovely! I have always wondered which turquoise was often used for Fred Harvey jewelry. I have a Harvey cuff from the 1920s that I bought from an older gentleman who used to own a store in Albuquerque which has since closed (so many of my favorite shops have closed!). Through the many years all the stones have completely changed to different colors, so it would be really hard to tell where the turquoise is from. Was Cerrillos turquoise often used?

So sorry you’ve gotten so sick from covid, but good that you get to be with your father for his birthday. Prayers for your recovery!

1 Like

Thank you so much! He’s coming by tomorrow to drop off a stool for the shower I have not been able to stand up long enough to wash without risking a fall. Sure am looking forward to it. Trying to decide whether I’m going to go ahead and give him his oh wow

Oh no so sorry to hear you have COVID! Wishing you a full and quick recovery.

1 Like

I agree that it is Fred Harvey and one tip off (I think) is the weight.

Get well soon!

1 Like

Hope you’re feeling better soon @Islandmomma!

2 Likes

Prayers for a speedy recovery!

1 Like

Hoping you’re healing comfortably!

1 Like

You got this, Islandmomma. Get out your jewelry and start stackin’. :slightly_smiling_face:

The Healing Powers of Turquoise

Turquoise is one of the most powerful Metaphysical healing stones. Turquoise has been a had metaphysical healing powers before the word Metaphysical was invented. To this day the Native American Indians consider Turquoise to contain very powerful Metaphysical and spiritual healing powers.

4 Likes

very sad to read your edit of this post adding the “reaction” your having and hoping that “this too shall pass” and you get back on your feet (pun intended)

Apache Tears as well as Turquoise in your medicine bag!

1 Like

So sorry to learn you’re down with Covid, Island Momma. Had it last year, and it’s miserable. Was looking at some literature from America’s Frontline Doctors this morning, and apparently Nigella Sativa (Black Cumin seed), may help with relief.

Hope you’re feeling better soon!

2 Likes

Thanks, I just learned something new. And I actually might have some in the cabinet. I’ll get my husband to look when he gets back. I am still in full quarantine but free on the 3rd. Still have pneumonia but not too many days more. I’m am feeling very blessed! :pray::heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes