J Toadlena?

Hello… my dad recently passed away and my brother and I each took a piece of antique silver jewelry that my dad loved.

My brother has a big silver belt buckle that is stamped J Toadlena on the back so that is easy to identify but I inherited a ring and I cannot find the makers mark anywhere online. They were both purchased at the same time in Arizona in 1979. I’ll attach a photo of the ring and the stamp on the back.

Thank you so much for any help you’re able to offer.

Traci

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Can you tell me if you think that mark won the back of the ring is a hallmark? If so, what does it look like to you?

1 Like

Whatever it is, it is definitely stamped into the silver. It’s fairly deep. I can’t even tell which way is up though. I’m going to take another picture from the opposite way… I keep on searching online and I’m coming up empty.

I looked through a couple of reference books and don’t see anything that resembles it. Good luck, you have a difficult one.

Thank you so much for looking into it for me. I’ll never get rid of it but I hope I can figure it out someday…

TL

1 Like

Steve… You are awesome!!! That’s it!! Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Looks like he’s a ghost though… there’s absolutely nothing about him online. Sigh…

1 Like