Jacla conversion…Cerrillos turquoise?

I love great old jaclas! A friend who collected jaclas over decades recently converted quite a few
to necklaces. I recently purchased this 3 strand necklace from him. The green color is just yummy and glows. I hate that many jaclas were sacrificed to produce this piece, but now it will be worn. My guess is that this is Cerrillos turquoise. Thoughts?

10 Likes

I don’t know, although Cerillos makes sense, but I do know that I love, love, love it! Maybe I’m way off but it kind of has that greenish Fox turquoise look too? I have a ring that’s Fox turquoise which looks to be a similar color.

Now you’re making me want to buy a Kewa necklace at the Eiteljorg Market this summer instead of a another Reggie Mitchell cuff :laughing: don’t think my budget will allow me to do both…

3 Likes

Thanks @Ziacat. Yes old Fox makes sense! It’s an old mine and produced tons of turquoise. But I’m uncertain if Nevada turquoise was used a lot when these old jaclas were made.
YES, you do need a wonderful Kewa necklace (or several -Ha!). I have far too many but only a few with great old natural turquoise. And choosing between an great Kewa necklace and one of Reggie’s cuffs won’t be easy…good luck :blush:

2 Likes

@Ziacat I know you didn’t ask but… my vote goes to the Kewa necklace at the Eiteljorg Museum!

3 Likes

@Bmpdvm Your necklace is absolutely gorgeous! One can never have enough green turquoise, imo.

4 Likes

@Patina I agree with you!!! Love the wonderful old green turquoise!

1 Like