Jesse Robbins jewelry

I’m probably late to the party, but I just discovered this young, talented Creek silversmith. Very, very impressive! Here’s his website: https://jesserobbinsjewelry.com/ and a sample of his work from a dealer’s website. I see one of his teachers was Jock Favour, which shows in Jesse’s workmanship and soft patina finish. Fantastic! :+1:

11 Likes

Here is Jesse doing his thing…

and an interview…

3 Likes

I believe BritWest has a naja pendant for sale by him on her site. I’ve admired it from afar. It is beautiful work!

1 Like

Thanks for the videos, and I’m drooling over that cuff!!

3 Likes

I love Jesse’s jewelry! He’s a super nice guy, too. Here’s my coin silver and natural Fox turquoise bracelet that I bought from him at the Heard Museum Guild Fair. It’s tufa cast, hand stamped and filed, with old stock Fox turquoise.

One thing that was really fun was seeing some of the other bracelets that he had made from the same tufa mold, as he was able to get more than one cast out of it. Depending how he finished them with stamping and filing, leaving or filing off the tufa texture, and the stones he set, the results were strikingly different. He melts coins to make his own ingots as well.

The bracelet you posted is super killer, @TAH.

9 Likes

Oh, that’s awesome too!!

2 Likes

I “discovered” him years ago when Four Winds Gallery started carrying his work. What attracted me were his amazing naja pendants, which I didn’t spring for but kept him in mind. Then, at least a few years later, at the venerable Rainbowman Gallery in Santa Fe I spotted what seemed to be a couple of shelves devoted to his work, along with Greg Lewis’s revival pieces. At this point Jesse is quite the admired and established maker.
Thanks for getting this thread going, Tah! (And@OrbitOrange, glad you shared your amazing bracelet.)

5 Likes

Typically, I’m a vintage silver enthusiast, but a Jesse Robbins belt buckle might just tip me over to the other side. :thinking:

4 Likes

I knew I heard his name before, OO. :bulb: Not only is your bracelet absolutely stunning, the photo is publication worthy. Nice job with the camera. :+1:

4 Likes

I LOOOVE that old style look. Thank you for sharing! Maybe I’ll be lucky enough to turn up one of his pieces at a flea market some day.

2 Likes

Your cuff is fabulous. I’m also a fan of Jessie! And he is such a nice guy! I thought I’d post a photo of a pendant of mine by Jessie and a cuff by Jock Favour, a great non-native silversmith who works with coin silver and, as previously stated, trained Jessie. They both make such wonderful old style heavy pieces.

6 Likes

Very beautiful pieces. The cuff is amazing.

2 Likes