Jet and silver beads listed as Daniel Coriz

I received this necklace recently and it was sold as Daniel Coriz. It is not hallmarked anywhere that I can see. I have another necklace by him that I posted on here several years ago and it wasn’t marked either. However, this has round silver beads vs the typical barrel beads. Is anyone familiar enough with his work to say for sure? Or does anyone have contact information for him? Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Just a little update. I found one of his cousins and she is supposed to ask him about this necklace and show him one by his mother also. Maybe I’ll find out for certain.

1 Like

@Jason would you be familiar with this? The background story that I have gotten is the owner is approximately 80 her late husband bought it at Ortegas for her and apparently they shopped at Ortegas on a fairly regular basis. The person who is selling it for her what is going to contact Ortega’s since he knows her name. I have heard nothing back, but I’m very curious to know if it really is his work or someone else in the family.

Sorry just not familiar enough with the family’s work. We get a few Santo Domingo artists coming this way, use to get Ava Coriz but it has been a longtime and she has been gone for awhile.

1 Like

@markyboy57 are you familiar with this family? Thanks

FINAL UPDATE: Daniel’s sister contacted me last night about a necklace that her Mother made. She also asked Daniel about this jet necklace and he told her he made it. Guess now I have my answer. Thanks :blush:

5 Likes